Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Almost There

I can't believe that I'm almost going to be in Korea! To-Do-Before Tasks I've completed:
  • Obtain the proper travel documents necessary to work/reside in Korea (I got my F-4 VISA a long time ago)
  • Sign Contract
  • Purchase Plane Ticket (I already got me plane ticket!)
  • Have Bonvoyage (See more below)
  • Complete Current Job (Almost there~~~)

So my parents and siblings threw me a grand party in honor of my college graduation/bon voyage. It was a great party and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. My relatives came as well as my friends. Everybody came at once and it took a lot of energy on my part to schmooze with everyone. But the house was really crowded and everyone seemed to be chatting and enjoying themselves. It went over really well! I got some money as a congratulations for graduating but more so to help me in my upcoming sojourn. To be honest, it feels like my high school graduation open house was just yesterday and I reflected on how the circumstances of my life have dramatically changed in such little time. The future is definitely a most uncertain thing, for "always in motion is the future" as Jedi Master Yoda has articulated.

I'm almost done with my current job. I can't believe how fast it's gone! When I first started telling people about how I didn't really couldn't stand the atmosphere, everybody told me, "it'll go by faster than you know". Wow, they were actually right! I survived our two really big events, Easter and Mother's Day brunches, where its nonstop moving, carrying and lifting. I have my last day this coming Saturday.

I plan on spending the last few days I have with family and friends. I'd really like to see the Star Trek Movie as well as Angels & Demons. I read the book during my down time while in Germany and have thus waited for them to finally make a movie out of it! Yet even though I've come a long way, I still have some things to do:

  • Sell my car (and get the cash so I can start paying off my student loans)
  • Start packing (I've made a list of what to pack and have edited it, but I won't actually start till later)
  • Buy some nicer clothes to wear
  • Buy necessary toiletries
  • Tell my bank and loan companies that I'm leaving

Seriously, I can't think of anything more, but if I do, I'll add to it.

No comments: