Saturday, April 18, 2009

Brittany and Andrew and Ebony go to White Castle

The other day I went to White Castle with Brittany and Ebony. I actually met them at Borders and we sat in the cafe. I used to work at that particular Borders before I transfered, so it feels like another lifetime ago. I bought the Foreign Service Officer Exam. There are a lot of questions regarding Politics that I didn't know, that I need to brush up on. There were some questions that I knew from reading random books (ex: asking about the Wahabi Sect). I haven't looked at the math thing, but I'll have several years to prepare. We went to White Castle and had a nice time, just the three of us. It was nice to talk and vent about our daily frustrations at work. Afterwards we went to Brittany's place. We were watching "Friday" and I really wasn't feeling well. I took Ebony home and went home. The next day I was really sick. At first I thought it was the White Castle. Ebony and Brittany said that they felt fine, so I figured it was a flu of some sort. I had babysat my niece a few days ago and she was sick, so I might've gotten it from her. It did take a while to get to me though.

The day after that I was really sick and couldn't move well, because my body had the chills (I also had a fever). I checked the mail and got a letter from a person at CDI. I had been accepted to an April Franchise in Bucheon. I had never heard of Bucheon before and was hoping to get paid hourly, as you take home more money. However, after doing some research, I found that there are some nice benefits to monthly: they pay your rent, some things are taken care of, you get some more days off that are paid, etc. I talked to a friend online and did some asking. Apparently, Bucheon is about an hour away from Seoul. That's not super bad. It's an hour away from where I live to get to St. Paul. And to get from each of the Districts or "Gu's" within Seoul is about 40 minutes. Here is some info, courtesy of Wikipedia

Area: 20.63 sq mi
Pop: 850,731
Density: 41,230/sq mi

No comments: